Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Poof! Innocence gone!

Hi Guys, how was your Wednesday? I had a good one. I tried making amends with a friend. Wanted to share something exciting with her, but she did not want to talk to me. One can only try. Beyond that it's left to the person and God. My younger son has started playing football. So, today it was my turn to take him for practice. The practice was 2 hours. I decided to wait on the grounds for him. Now, I had forgotten to wear walking shoes, so I decided to walk bear foot. It was painful. I think I am doing this after 18 years. Reminded me of my Manipal days. They say it's good for the feet. Acupuncture therapy.
************************************************************************
As I was taking rounds of the football grounds, something caught my attention and of course, I began thinking :) I saw some kids rolling on the ground in grass and wet puddles (it was raining slightly) and laughing their ass off! You could clearly tell, they were having too much fun.  One song came to my mind.

ye daulat bhii le lo, ye shoharat bhii le lo
bhale chhiin lo mujhase merii javaanii
magar mujhako lautaa do bachapan kaa saavan
vo kaagaz kii kashtii, vo baarish kaa paanii


Nothing bothered these kids. They were not conscious that so many people were watching them. They did not care that they were covered with mud. All they cared was about the good time they were having playing with their friends!!! They were clearly living in the present. I remember being just like them once. So, when did this transition from innocence to processed behavior occur? We can learn something from these kids. As adults, we tend to teach children what we have misslearnt. I am not saying that we should not be preparing these kids to face the world but sometimes that is not always the best thing to do. I think the children should learn in their own innocent way. We don't realize that we are passing on incorrect information. As adults, we come to realize that we are messed up machines. We feel one thing, do another, hide our true feelings, and lie almost constantly to ourselves and those around us. This is normal, normal for a sick society, which is just what we have. We need to erase our hard drives and start fresh again.  Don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment