Sunday, July 31, 2011

ESP - what is that?

It was a beautiful weekend folks. I finally accepted that others can be better than me. Felt so good. Now I am at peace with myself. Went shopping with family on Sat. Had to buy shoes for the kids. Ate dinner at the food court in the mall. Watched a movie called "Chalo Dilli" after that. It had a sweet message. I believe that cinema is made from incidents in real life. There is something to learn from every movie. Sunday is always dedicated to errands. Did just that.
********************************************************************
Learn to... be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.  ~Henri Frederic Amiel

Time and again we hear that everyone is special in their own way and should be noticed for their unique talent. There are so many people in this world. So, what makes someone extra special?  I think there is no just one answer to this question. It depends on what type of relationship you want with that person. If it is just for friendship, then I would think if you can be 100% yourself with that person, then that person can be considered extra special. If a person can make a difference in another person's life, then that person is considered extra special. I think we should surround ourselves with such people. It's hard to pick those extra special people. If a person can put someone before themselves then that person is extra special. I also concede that special, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. No amount of achievement and the label that someone else puts on them can make someone extra special. If you can feel happy being yourself and enjoy doing the things that people expect you do, then you have my respect. Are you that ESP? Please let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment