Sunday, August 07, 2011

My biggest fear

Oh no folks! I have that sinking feeling again.It's Sunday evening. I am convinced that there are fewer hours in a day on weekends.:)  I had a good weekend. I would rate it 7/10. Didn't do much on Fri. Sat. we went for the movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I was entertained. Freida Pinto had a role that was forgetful. Just came back from a friendship day celebration with some friends. Talked about fun stuff. But now having Monday blues.
***********************************************************************


Realisations! They are coming at full speed to me these days. Today I realised what my biggest fear is. It is the fear of being alone. Although, I love to have my solitude at times, being alone for a long period of time is scary. It is more than just the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected, and/or alienated from other people. It affects the mood tremendously. So what does a person do in such situations? I wish there was a magic pill that would wipe off loneliness. Since there isn't one, I think, one should get occupied with hobbies, friends, work etc. I think at any point in time there should be a goal in life. Pursuing that goal can be very fulfilling. Man is a social animal. So, getting involved with people is a big help. Gaining their love and support is a great way of healing. We all need to feel like we have a place in this world, that we matter to another living soul. Another way, I think (which I am planning to start soon) is to volunteer time. Get involved and contribute to someone else's life. It will bring some sort of a satisfaction to your frozen life. One song by Michael Jackson comes to mind "we are the world, we are the people, we are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving...

0 comments:

Post a Comment