Thursday, August 11, 2011

Forgotten sports

Hello! what's new guys? Badminton is new. I played it today with a friend. I am afraid I might have sprained my ankle. I was so full of "josh" when I started. In my hurry to take the shot that was close to the net, I tripped. But that did not stop me from enjoying the game for a hour and half or so. Was dripping with sweat. So many desi's come there to play. Good place for making some like minded friends. We plan to do it at least once a week. I am loving it.
***********************************************************************




Kids playing outside was a common scene that we got to see during our times.The present day race for academic excellence has reduced the importance of a basic ingredient of the human life. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Isn't it? The games we played as kids were so different than the one kids play these days.

 As a teenager, I played Hide and seek, Throw Ball, Lagori, Kho Kho, Gilli Danda, Dog and the bone and French cricket . French cricket was my favorite. I was not good at it. But it was a popular sport in those days. I don't see kids playing these games anymore. I think it's forgotten. "Cricket ka bhooth jo chada hai". All these games did not need any training as such. Anybody could play as they were not expensive games. It could be played on open grounds. All that is needed are players. They were all team games. I think this helps in the personal development of an individual. I had never played Badminton. Today was my first attempt. I thought for my first time, I was not bad. I had a total body workout when having fun. Great combination. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment