Sunday, October 30, 2011

Insults

Good evening folks! It's been sometime since I visited this spot. A lot has happened. Remember the the good news that happened at work some days ago that I couldn't share with you? Well, now I can. I got a promotion! Woo hoo! Happy Diwali !!! Now I need to step it up and work hard, which I am planning to. It was a good weekend. VA experienced some snow this Sat. It's a rarity for October. Sad to know that Ra.one did not work. Banking on Don 2 now. Had fun at a friend's house on Fri, Sat. and Sunday practicing for a dance show. Shared some things that were bothering me for a long time with them. Not sure If I spoke too much. In any case, it's too late now.
***********************************************************************


I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?
I bet your brain feels as good as new, seeing that you've never used it.
I would ask you how old you are but I know you can't count that high.


Sometimes when we are familiar with people, we pass insults like the ones mentioned above, just to joke around. You never know when these jokes turn into hurtful comments and make the other person angry. There is a fine line there. It is easy to get carried way, while you are in a group giving the insults. This can also be called bullying. I am watching this show on Indian TV called Bigg Boss. In this show, there are around 16 inmates locked in the same house. They constantly insult each other and India considers this entertainment. Well, it is! I am now hooked on to it. It is entertainment, as long as the insults are not towards us. Someone else is bearing all this. This show teaches ALL the wrong things like group-ism, bullying, insulting, degrading etc. One good thing is, the person who survives through all this, definitely comes out stronger. At what cost though? The person will not have any friends left. Most of the remarks made on the show, have some truth to it and therefore is very hurtful. On the show, they are doing it for money and fame. But if one copies this in real life, it is bound to back fire BIG time! This makes me wonder if being fake is the solution to maintain peace? The answer unfortunately is "yes".  You might think that you are helping the other person by speaking the truth, but in reality the other person does not want to hear it. From my experience, do not say hurtful things to anyone, even as a joke,  however close you are to that person. Bottom line -treat others the way you want to be treated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment