Thursday, October 06, 2011

Adrenaline Rush

Happy dussehra doston! I had a fantabulous day. Went out to lunch with colleagues to an Indian buffet, yet again! This time we were 10 of us. Loved the comments that were passed on the food. The Americans associated gulab jamun with doughnuts and when I told them that the dosa and idli batter was fermented overnight, the expression on their face was worth watching. I wish I had a camera with me. Highlight of the day tough was when a good friend called me. She was using her cell phone which was registered in a different state. She caught me by surprise alright. I love pleasant surprises like that. I hope all of you reading this are taking notes.:)
***********************************************************************

Think of the word adrenaline and it conjures up an image of a bunch of testosterone-driven individuals racing, bungie jumping, flying off a cliff, diving into the open skies. Recently, the movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara showed the thrill of some adventures like this and how the individuals experienced a sense of satisfaction after they had the adrenaline rush. An adrenaline rush is the feeling and reaction you get from the release of epinephrine, which is aka adrenaline. Adrenaline rushes can cause you're body to do things that it normally wouldn't be able to do if it weren't for the adrenaline such as running faster than normal. Nothing can beat the thrill and excitement experienced when faced with highly stressful and dangerous situations and adrenaline is what causes the excitement. Roller coaster rides are one such example. Although, for the life of me, I cannot sit on one of those. Not even the baby rides. I remember reading what Mithun Chakraborty had to say about roller coasters. He said, he initially thought that people on the roller coaster screamed because they were happy, but when he sat on one of them he realised that they screamed out of fear. They were clearly having an adrenalin moment. They were high from it. Speed, video games, music, even sex are some examples where I think one can experience this type of high. Conquering your fear, whether it is fear of public speaking, fear of heights, etc. gives you that rush too. It's good when it has positive effects on you. Negative effects - Let's not talk about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment