Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vacation - Is it really a get away?

An excellent day in every which way. Accomplished a lot at work. Hubby came home early. So connected with all family members. Spent some good quality time with each one of them. Ate a lot a dinner time. Not good. Hey, blame it on the excellent spinach dal that I had cooked. Also, I made some Thai eggplant curry. It was tasty. I was just about to go for a walk, when I heard from a friend after a long time. Talked about some vacation plans. Vacation! Oh! I need one so badly...
***********************************************************************
A vacation frequently means that the family goes away for a rest, accompanied by a mother who sees that the others get it.
Marcelene Cox

Marcelene must have spoken the words above from experience. I feel the same way when I go on vacations with the family. It's not really a vacation for me. People say a vacation is all about location. But for me it's all about "me" time. A sunny and bright place (very important) where I can do what I want, when I want. I am not saying a family vacation is not fun. It is a lot of fun to see the kids getting all excited when they experience new things in life. I love waking up late and heading to the complimentary breakfast in the hotel. We always make sure of that when we reserve the hotel. Nice to be in a place where we are strangers. But it's mostly a kids centric vacation. We have to make sure that we constantly have activities that engage them. Hubby dear, what can I say about him? He can't do without his phone, news and golf. Now, poor me has no company to gossip, shop and be lazy. Lately, I have noticed that once in a way, I like to be by myself. So for the past 2 years I have gone to India for 2-3 weeks by myself and explored some remote parts of India. (Thanks to hubby for his 100% support). It was so meaningful to me. Now that, I have seen more of the world, I am beginning to look at India from a different perspective. Oh, what I would do to get back the the things that I took for granted when I was growing up.The noise, the smell, the people, the food. Wow! Amazing! One of my favorite pass times during a vacation is observing people. No two people are alike. I see more people going on vacations alone these days. There are so many opportunities that one can enjoy. On my priority list now is to attend a Yoga retreat for a week. I heard that a Spa is included in the package. Oh, I can't decide on the location. Let's hope the opportunity knocks on my door soon.

1 comment:

  1. Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if
    you be acquainted with after that you can write or else it is difficult to write.


    Here is my web site he has a good point

    ReplyDelete