Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do you have a cluttered mind?

Sad, sad day. We lost a great Indian cricketer, Nawab Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi. He was so handsome and dignified and charismatic. Also, read the rumor that the Madhuri Dixit might be divorcing her husband. Let's hope it remains a rumor. Had a whirlwind of a day today. Feels good to stretch my legs and sit on my favorite couch, doing my favorite thing. - connecting to my lovely readers. Aww, thanks for the support guys. Please keep coming back.
***********************************************************************
They say a cluttered desk is a sign of cluttered mind. How do people function like that? I often wonder. I spent most of my evening organising my 9th grader's study table today. His books were surrounded by everything from candy wrappers, loose papers, boxes of pencils, markers and magazines. As if that was not enough, he was listening to music on his ipad and reading at the same time. According to him, he can be most productive in that type of environment. I am sure he is not the only one like this. I have seen many at work who are exactly like this boy. I have the strong urge to clean up their desks every time I visit them. I guess I am on the other extreme. You are what you are. I think it's good to offer advice but to try to change a person to what you think is right maybe asking for too much. My son was actually unhappy about his now clean, organised desk. I am sure the so called unorganised people too have a structure to their madness. To an organised person, it might look like clutter, but the "unorganised" people know exactly where everything is. It's all organised in their head. So the "cluttered mind" in my opening saying is not always true. Which category do you belong? Does it matter? Not if no one is complaining:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment