Monday, October 15, 2012

The hot!, hot! space

Happy Navaratri my blog friends. So, looks like my idea of making this an interactive blog is not working. Never mind. Please come back and read. Good enough! Let's discuss my question on my previous post some other time. For now "Shaadi Mubarak" to the 'hatke" couple Saif and Kareena. Modern days are here! Daughter is attending father's wedding. I heard this joke. Saif's kids when attending the wedding sing "Aaj meri baap ki shaadi hai". Lol! Hey, I am not judging. They have already sensationalized the event by having published the news of police coming to their house. The reason? Neighbors were getting disturbed by their loud music. Hmm. Ok. Kareena was looking alright in Manish Malhotra lehenga. I had an awesome weekend folks. Attended a Garba/Dandiya event on Sat. People call it, The great Indian social dance. I call it a workout. Broke into a sweat the glam way. They played Bollywood numbers for the last 30 minutes of the evening. The crowd went berserk when they heard this song from the movie Rowdy Rathore. I like this song too. The choreographer had cleverly capitalized on Sonakshi's waist line. Therefore it is the Song of the day.
_________________________________________________________________________

Every time I sit in this space, I feel hot! I intentionally go there. This is where I hear all kinds of stories. People like to unwind here. Alright folks before you jump to any conclusions, let me tell you, the social place that I am talking about is a Sauna. he he.

I associate the Sauna with a relaxing vacation. So, every evening, I go to the gym, I spend 15 minutes relaxing in the Sauna, after my workout. People, are so nice when they are in here. Today, I saw a lady applying honey to her face. I asked her about it and she said honey has benefits for the skin. This is the first time I was hearing this. She offered me some to apply. I did. After washing it, my skin did feel little softer. I know, change cannot come overnight. I am bad at following a routine. Let's see how I do with this one. As, I was sitting in the Sauna, I wondered if apart from being relaxing, if the confined room of about 160-180 degrees Fahrenheit was good for my health. The high temperature in a sauna stimulates blood flow and circulation, causing blood vessels in the skin to expand and become more flexible. This better blood flow helps lower blood pressure. It turns out that Sauna therapy helps with respiratory problems by alleviating chest congestion, which can relieve complications from bronchitis, laryngitis and other respiratory disease. The high temperature in a sauna stimulates blood flow and circulation, causing blood vessels in the skin to expand and become more flexible. This better blood flow helps lower blood pressure. The high temperatures causes sweating, which in turn helps in body cleansing. The high temperatures  increases your heart rate which in turn burn calories. A 20-minute session at approximately 165 to 175 degrees F will burn over 500 calories. WOW! Did not know that. I am spending more time at the Sauna from now on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment