Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Life isn't complicated. People are. - My take

Swagatha my friends. I am going to start this post with the Song of the day from the movie Hare Rama Hare Krishna. Sung by Asha Bhosle.

 
Couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to witness Asha tai's show live! No doubt, it was a brilliant show! Her voice is divine! I remember thinking for myself, Asha tai must be so blessed to have such a wonderful life. Who would have known that she had a troubled daughter. Looks like there is no escape from depression. She was the daughter of a well accomplished mother and was under so much pressure to be successful. I am seeing more and more cases like this all over the world. This is really sad. I had an emotional day today. Time and again we learn that the biggest part if a relationship be it friendship, husband-wife, parent-sibling (yes! I have seen this too) is TRUST. Once that is lost, it's over. Even if it is rekindled, it will not be the same. Both parties will be extra careful. Also, I had this experience of not trusting a trustworthy person and hurting the other person in the process. It was too late to take back my words. I can only try to earn the other person's friendship back slowly. So, on that note, I write this post today.
_________________________________________________________________________
Yes, I agree people are complicated. That's the way God has made us to be. He has given us a brain to think. With the brain come emotions. I have not come across as single person, who does not have emotions. It is hard to control emotions. And why should we? I find greater relief in expressing my emotions. I do not struggle with them form the inside. Let people know you love them. Let them know you are sad, let them know they hurt you and see the difference. I think more people hide their emotions and feel suffocated. They are not living to their fullest in my opinion. Bottled up emotions are like lava waiting to burst anytime. It is eventually going to flow. So, why delay the process? Haven't you felt better after crying, or letting someone in, on a secret that you have kept for a long time? I have to agree with the quote - shared joy is a double joy, shared sorrow is half a sorrow. It is a good thing that people have different opinions. That's what makes life interesting. Imagine a life where everybody agreed with everyone? There would not be scope for development. To me life is as complicated as I want it to be. I can't imagine a robotic life where I have not gone through the challenging experiences of life. A friend once told me, a life lived without risk, is a life not lived at all. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. Life is the sum of all our choices.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth - Martin H. Fischer

So, enjoy the complicated life to the fullest, remembering that you have the power to unplug form it when you want to. Shubh Raatri!

0 comments:

Post a Comment