Sunday, April 28, 2013

Krazy 2

Namaskar blog friends! I had an eventful weekend. Attended the Krazy 2 concert which came to our city on Saturday. The show featered Indian playback singers like Sunidhi Chauhan and Ali Zafar. Ali Zafar however, is a Pakistani musician/actor who is now based in India. The concert was enjoyable simply because we went as a big group. I was not too impressed with the singing. The best part of the evening was when we were allowed to go to the front of the stage, and see the artists from close quarters. It occurred to me that these 2 are ordinary people otherwise. Just because they are famous celebrities, I am in awe of them. There was another singer from Indian Idol 2 with them called Rakesh Maini. I remember watching him on TV. I was happy that he too got a chance. The energy in the auditorium was full on when Sunidhi and Ali sang their super hit songs. Sunidhi sang songs like Beedi jalaile, My name is Sheela , Disco Dewaane, Chokra Jawan re and Ali sang London, New York, Paris and Madhubala.  He also sang some old Hindi songs which could have been avoided. I can see why he had to do that though. Ali does not have many songs to his credit yet. However, the audience went berserk with Ali's grand finale performance of Madhubala. He then flung his snug, by now, sweaty leather jacket into the audience. Some lucky (?), screaming girl, must have got it. Some young girls next to me were screaming his name so loudly, that I had to close my ears. All he did was wink at them and they were so happy. Such is the power of a celebrity. One question came to my mind. Why promote Pakistani artists in India, when there are so many talented Indian people, struggling to get work? I understand the whole India-Pakistan improving relations part, but not at the cost of ignoring good talent in our own country. Bu then again, who am I to say anything? It's just my opinion.  OK folks, parting tonight with a lovely ghazal by Jagit Singh. Jhuki, Jhuki si nazar. Sunidhi sang this for us. It was a pop rendition of the Ghazal. I hated it! In fact, a die hard Jagit Singh fan would have been offended, She was brave to even try it. So, I felt like listening to the original version. Enjoy my dear cyber family. Shub Ratri.




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment