Sunday, February 05, 2012

Why oh why?

Good evening folks! Everyone else in the house is watching the Super Bowl but me. I am using this opportunity to blog. I have zero interest in this game. I watched half time tough. Madonna was boring. Why her?, when there are so many better singers/performers out there. Kelly Clarkson did a phenomenal job with the national anthem. She is a star. She has lived up to the title of American Idol. The World cup Cricket hero Yuvraj Singh, has been diagnosed with cancer. I was so sad reading this. This man has seen a lot in life already. Get well soon Yuvi. We all love you!
************************************************************************
"There's one sad truth in life I've found while journeying east and west - The only folks we really wound are those we love the best. We flatter those we scarcely know, we please the fleeting guest, and deal fully many thoughtless blow to those who love us best." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
When I read this quote, I could not agree with it more. I want to analyse this today. The reason for this behavior maybe because we know that the people we love are always going to be there, whereas strangers will go away and we want to create that good impression on them.  It is common sense that this should not be the case. Strangely, it is human behavior. Everyone likes to receive compliments. I have noticed that whenever, I receive a compliment, my confidence level increases. How often have we heard people say, you made my day when you compliment them? Relationships are too hard to maintain. We have to make double sure that we don't hurt our loved ones. But then, they are the only ones that we can speak our mind to. Sometimes, in the process we do say hurtful things. As long as it is not intentional, I think this behavior should be taken as normal. 

1 comment:

  1. I know this website provides quality based articles
    or reviews and other data, is there any other web site which gives
    these data in quality?

    Have a look at my web-site :: cash in advance lenders
    my site > great article

    ReplyDelete