Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goodbyes - We only part to meet again.

Namaskar all! It's King Khan again. I read his well written, witty article - “Outlook Turning Points 2013” in which he focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world. That's a beautiful human being! He is pouring the contents of his heart before you in this well written article. When are we going to get more enlightened on the true meaning of religion? However, I think, Pakistan's reaction to this article was uncalled for. There was no need to bring India into this. I think the Government of India, knows their duties. Good rebuttal by India. It was required. However, I have this nagging thought. How is that only SRK gets in this kind of trouble? Why not his fellow Muslim actors like Aamir or Salman? The whole incident where he was interrogated at the NY airport for being a Khan and the IPL incident where SRK lost his temper on hearing a remark on him being a Muslim, all shows that, somewhere SRK is making strong statements. Being a star is not easy I suppose. On the other hand, SRK's favorite heroine, Kajol has lost 16 kilos. Kudos to her! Would love to see her back on screen. A brilliant actress! I haven't forgotten my own resolution for this year folks. I have to lose my extra pounds too! I just started the whole gymming and dieting process just yesterday. I will keep you folks posted. Wish me luck. My younger son, Rohit, today said something so cool to me. "Mom, why is life so great?" This made me so happy. The child is loving life, like he is supposed to. I hope he continues to feel that way. Nothing like being content and happy with what we have. I had to learn from him. Happiness should be the state of mind for all! Here is wishing all of you, my dear readers just that.
________________________________________________________________________
I always choke when I say goodbye. Whether it is to a good friend, parents, siblings, children, husband. It's so hard. The uncertainty of events that follow is so scary. My way of saying goodbye is not to look into the person's eye. And once I have said my goodbye, never look back. This way I only remember happy faces and not the sad face of emotions when parting. The dislike of good-byes is a reminder of mutual dependence on friends and family. Man is after all a social animal. Solitary confinement can be the higest form of torture.


Sometimes it's not the goodbye that hurts but the flashback that follow. Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, & your behaviour decides who stays in your life...Here's to the people that never leave, no matter how hard things get. So an appropriate song of the day is the original song "Goriye mein jana pardes" sung by Reshman, Parvez Mehdi. It was later copied in the Hindi movie Karma. Love the tune of this song. I have posted both versions, if you are interested.

Hindi movies have their own interpretation of going away sad songs and I love them for what they are. The songs are full of intensity, you really feel the pain of that character. Personally, it moves moves me so much that it brings tears to my eyes. It's a wonderful experience. I pay to cry. he he. Hail Bollywood! It's is worth every dollar I spend. Here is one such song. "Na Jaiyo Pardes" from the movie Karma starring Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff  & the pretty, innocent looking Poonam Dhillon. Enjoy! Good night folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment