Sunday, September 16, 2012

Just another theory

Vanakkam folks! I had a pretty good weekend. I was eager to come back home after a long day of work on Friday. We had to go to a friend's house for dinner that day. It was a long drive there, but  well worth it. She is such a good cook. Enjoyed some delicacies, chatted and came back home. Spent most of the day time on Saturday, driving kids around for their activities. Met 2 other families for dinner at Olive Garden in the evening. After an engaging conversation and a full stomach, came back home and watched a movie called "Dharm" on Netflix. This movie was shot in Varanasi, India. I had it all planned to visit this place when I was in India recently. Unforunately, because of foggy conditions, our train was cancelled. Hopefully my dream will get fulfilled sometime soon! Went to the art show in Leesburg, with a friend on Sunday afternoon, just to do something different. I was surprised at the different ideas that were peresented. There is so much to learn! It's 9:11 PM here now. For some reason, I always look at the time when it's 9:11 whether it is AM or PM. Even when I am at work. It's more than a coincidence. This has been happening for more than a year now. There is nothing wrong with that, however it reminds me of the bad times. Alright friends, it's Sunday evening and that means Ghazal time. I am in love with this one. Sung by Mehdi Hassan. He is the pride of the music lovers, the romanticists and the humanist.  His voice and depth of singing and rendition will forever stir the hearts of generations to come. No wonder then, people call him the King of Ghazal. Highest Salutations from me. RIP.

ranjish hi sahi dil hi dukhane ke liye aa
akhir se mujhe chor ke jane ke liye aa


_______________________________________________________________________
 
Theories! I never understood them in college and I don't get them now. As if people did not have enough opinions to share, now everyone comes up with their own theories. I recently heard this - "six degrees of separation" theory -- the idea that everyone in the world is separated from everyone else by six links. For example, if I want to meet President Obama, I would request my first contact to connect me to his contact who might know someone, who he might be working for who might know some Congressman, who knows Obama. One of my 6 contacts would definitely get some information for me. Yeah, hard to follow and in my opinion mostly Blah! I have noticed that people, to make their conversation interesting or beleivable throw in some buzz words like "process", "theories", etc. that are unproven. They often start a conversation with, "have you heard of such and such theory?", or "according to a theory". Then I know to tune myself off, as what follows is mostly uninteresting to me. Most magazines talk about theories, agencies start sending officers to classes in the hopes of using them. I’ve attended classes to where everything the presenter said made sense while he was saying it, but on the drive back you realize that you really have no clue how you are supposed to implement it. I’d trade days worth of classes for a couple of hours of someone telling me “try THIS and see if you notice improvement”. So, my favorite people, I will leave you tonight with this quote "Some theories are good for nothing except to be argued about." Lichtenberg, Georg C. on theory Discussion ·

0 comments:

Post a Comment