Monday, January 13, 2014

Too much "free" time?

Hi blog dosts. I am a happy camper since the last 2 days. Yes, you all guessed right. I found a job. A good start to this year. A very happy Makara Sankranti/Pongal/Lohri! Call it whatever you want, it's the most auspicious occasion for the Hindus and is celebrated almost in all parts of India. It is the harvest festival. It is marked as the beginning of Spring in India. Indian television, will soon witness a war of the comedians very soon. Sunil Grover aka "Gutthi" is soon going to start his own comedy show presenting himself as "Chutki". Kapil Sharma beware!. It's a win-win situation for the laughter hungry audience. I am hooked on to Comedy nights with Kapil. At the end of a long, tiring day, he makes me happy. And poor Sanju baba, looks like a dark cloud follows him where ever he goes. Now his wife is terribly sick. Looks like she has a tumor which is undergoing diagnosis. I really hope she gets well soon! Virat Kholi and Anuska Sharma. Hmmm. Not a cute couple. But who am I to judge? These watchmen, at the buildings are notorious for keeping tabs on all the wrong things. Apparently, opened his mouth and told TOI that Virat was staying with Anushka for the past 5 days. Ouch! Well, Bollywood mein yeh sab chalta reheta hai. The hot, now old John Abraham is now married to Priya Ranchal and Bipasha is dating Harman Baweja. Looks like everyone has moved on and rightly so. Live and let live! Song of the day from the movie Dil-E-Naadan. Chaandini raat mein ek baar tujhe dekha hai...

____________________________________________________________________
Is there such a thing as too much free time? 2 weeks have just gone by since I had no agenda to follow. It did feel like I wasted all my time. The sooner I have a routine, the more constructive I will feel. When I was working full time, I was so pressed for time, that I would wait for the weekends to pack so many activities. Believe it or not, I accomplished a lot more then. When I had a couple of weeks to do nothing, I took time for granted and postponed doing the things that I really wanted to do, like reading, cleaning house, going to the gym, etc., that I ended up doing nothing! I had too much free time! I don't regret it though. I always wanted to do nothing. I always wanted to be at home with no one around to disturb me. A quiet, peaceful home! Now I have been there and done that too. I enjoyed it for sometime. One more check mark on the "to do list." That being said, I don't think I can do this forever. We have come into this world to be productive and contribute to society. And that, everyone should do, as long we are energetic and healthy.

Time = Life. Therefore, waste your time and waste your life or master your time and master your life. - Alan Lakein.

0 comments:

Post a Comment