Thursday, June 20, 2013

My very own iphone

Hello there folks! How often do you find good people who dedicate songs to you? Well, today was one such day for me. A good friend dedicated this song to me on Facebook and that my friends, is the Song of the day from the movie Maya Memsaab. This was one controversial movie then. I don't remember the story now. I plan to watch it again soon! SRK anytime! Talking of SRK, there is not third child in the making for him. It turns out, it was a publicity stunt for his soon to release movie - Chennai Express. Looking forward to it. Although, I get the feeling that its going to be a dud. Deepika with her dubbed South Indian accent. Ayyo!

__________________________________________________________________
With hundreds of handsets to choose from, it can be tough to find the right one. So, finally, after a lot of thought and quizzing my tech savvy kids, I went and purchased the iphone 5 yesterday. It was a fun experience. I was so happy to see that the price of the phone had dropped from $200.00 to $150.00. That was a sign. A friendly sales person helped me pick the phone. I wanted white, as it represents purity and peace. It makes a difference to me. Chose a plan, picked a carrier and picked a random new phone number. Ended up paying through my nose. Next, I had to pick a fancy case. Ended up picking a cute, black and white one. It has patterns of  "chakra" on it. I will post the pic of it, on my next post. The kids were excited to teach me how to use it. I have to admit, they definitely know more than me when it comes to technology. I am already face booking, chatting, whatsapping, clicking pics, browsing, listening to music and face timing on it. It has become the center of my universe. Only regret is, I should have bought it sooner. By the time I get used to this, the iphone 5S is going to come out and my phone is going to be obsolete. That's a good thing, though, because it demonstrates how innovation in the wireless industry has skyrocketed. We're seeing rapid progress across all fronts, including displays, data networks, user interfaces, voice quality, third-party apps, and even mobile gaming. Nice going! Tring, Tring... Oh, forgot to mention, I love the Siri feature. Amazzzzing!!! Miss you Steve Jobs. RIP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment