Thursday, November 21, 2013

Airports - Hawai Adde

Hello my friends! Happy Birthday to me! I have mixed feelings about this day. Growing old is not a happy thing, but at the same time, times never stops and a lot has been said and done that made me both happy and sad in the past few months. Wish happy times would stay forever. Looking forward to a brand new 2014! An opportunity to start off on a clean slate. This time, I am making no resolutions, as I was not very successful in keeping the ones I made this year. I have realized that life has to be lived "in the moment". Heard the gorgeous hunk Kushal Tandon, is back on Bigg Boss 7 . I stopped watching this show, as it cost me my computer. Every year around this time, I buy a new computer. These sites that upload these BB7 episodes carry virus and affects my computer. This time I bought a Lenovo computer for it' sleek looks (resembles a mac) and touch screen capabilities. A birthday present for myself. Will be travelling t New York for thanksgiving. So much to look forward to. Life is good. Wish I could share this with some "good" people, who are in my memory for all the good times and bad times we have shared. I truly miss you guys. Friends come and friends go, but memories remain. With that, I post the Song of the day.  Heart touching song. Old is Gold. Really!

 
*********************************************************************
 
Catching an airplane to visit dream destinations can be very stressful, from reaching on time, to the never ending transit to the gate via moving floor escalators, over crowded trams, signs that seem to point you to never, never land, frowning people who seem to always be in a hurry, etc. In spite of all that, I absolutely love airports. Once the baggage is checked in and I am handed my boarding pass, I get an adrenalin rush, just from the anticipation of (finally!) boarding the plane. It makes the whole process well worth it. I usually reach the gate well in advance and have all this time before boarding. My favorite activity is to watch people, while sipping my favorite cup of Joe. I skip eating, what seems like tasty food, even though my stomach suddenly feels pangs of hunger, reminding me of it's existence, when clearly I would have eaten a full stomach, at home, just before we left for the airport. And same goes with bathrooms. Why oh why? Anyway, coming back to observations,  no two people are alike. Everyone is dressed so uniquely, it's feels like I am at a fashion show, where models are doing their catwalk, except that it's free! I observe the way people spend their time. I noticed that the favorite past time of people is to catch some well needed Zzzzs. Good idea! However, I cannot fall asleep, in those uncomfortable, plastic airport chairs or on a plane. Some others read, while others use their laptops. The cartoons are those who continuously talk on their cell phones, like there is no tomorrow. Kids indulge themselves in hand held games. I call it electronic baby sitting. Good help for parents travelling with the otherwise annoying kids, who find that time at the airport compelling to throw tantrums. Sigh! Those are the days that I don't ever want to visit again. International airports also have the upscale shopping, a girl's number UNO pass time. When I get tired of observing people, I occupy myself with some strictly window shopping only. The chocolates make me drool and makeup, jewelry and those sexy attractive bottles of perfume make me feel like I have none at all. The temptation to buy everything I see, is at it's maximum. Luckily the pain in the ears,  announcements that are happening regarding different airplanes landing and taking off, help me stay distracted from the temptations. The stress starts building again when the plane lands. I do not like waiting in airports for my bags. Even worse, I don't like waiting in airports when my bags are lost. Somehow, it always happens to me. It's a miracle then, that I get through all of  that chaos and reach my destination safe to breath some fresh air! Here's wishing everyone a safe journey, for their next travel. With that I will sign off for today. Shub Ratri!

Birthday Prayer
Thank you, God, for giving me another year of life.
Thank you for all the people who remembered me today
by sending cards, and letters, gifts and good wishes.

Thank you for all the experience of this past year;
for times of success which will always be happy memories,
for times of failure which reminded me of my own weakness and of my need for you,
for times of joy when the sun was shining,
for times of sadness which drove me to you.

Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Other/Birthday-Prayer.aspx#
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment